Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Don't Go Spoil It All By Saying Something Stupid Like 'I Love You'

You are a nice girl with a nice name and a nice smile that can make me go crazy if you keep being so nice to me because I can't keep myself still having this dinner with a nice girl like you. So before I spoil it all by saying something stupid like 'I love you', lemme order another stiff drink to steady my nerve.

It's hard not to fall in love with a woman as nice as you. Looks like yours is enough to make any guy wanna give up everything he's got to be with you until the clouds turn to cotton candy and to chocolate twice over. I know I would, but the night doesn't last twice as long when you are being with a nice girl like you in a dress so nice that I can't help but think to myself, wouldn't it be nice if you were as mine as my nose so I could hold on to you for as long as I like it to last.

But you are too nice a girl for me to compare to my nose when I could have been a little more poetic to put you up there with someone who had stolen my heart and ran away with it that I can't figure where she is or whether she's thinking of me on a night when I want to be with her instead of sitting here with a nice girl like you talking but not listening, watching your lips moving about as busy as a bee can be but I can't hear a word you're saying.

You must be wondering how come I am being quiet all of a sudden as if a train full of ghosts just passed me by on its way to a carnival where you can go ride anything you want because the carnival is in your head and it will last until you shut it off to tell everyone to go home and come back tomorrow, or when you turn it on again. Afterall it's your carnival.

Let's just hurry through this because you are looking nicer and nicer every passing minute and I can't help but think wouldn't it be nice if the night could last forever so I can just sit here to watch you turn into something a girl as nice as you can be at this hour of the night but this is not my show, neither it is yours, and the guy running this joint has a business to take care of and he has to close for the night so we'd better pay up the check and leave this place to go drink some coffee.

For a nice girl like you lemme tell you this. You laugh loud. At this early hour of the morning it sounds even louder that I'm beginning to think you are not such a nice person afterall and so let's just say so long, good morning, good-bye, I'll call you.

Nice girl.

14 Comments:

Blogger podgykat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:00 PM  
Blogger podgykat said...

Poor girl, she shouldn't have laughed so LOUD! I know what you mean-reverberates in your brain doesn't it? Better luck next time-to her I mean. :) Having a nice little laugh myself over this entry....

9:02 PM  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

Waz here.:-)

3:17 AM  
Blogger dee3 said...

woooosshhh! i just lurve your third paragraph.

the lady is sure is lucky to have stolen your heart. even though she's running away with it, at the very least, en. bergen, you can start exercising in order to run away with her lah! :)

please go and make IT happen, we'd all like to see you happy WITH her :) insya-allah. aamiin.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My reading had been distracted by counting your full-stops. Heheheh! Wow! Whole paragraphs consist of only 1 full-stop. Highest no. of full-stop in a para - 3!! You are really good at this & I'm impressed!

11:41 AM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

*panting* to catch my breathe. THere you go again. Writing non-stop, forgetting the full stops. Better luck next time. Hard meeting up with new girls when your heart is still breathing and living the previous lady.

11:55 AM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

*puh* *puh* semput baca your entry ni. Kena tarik nafas panjang dulu baru boleh baca to the last. :-)

11:57 AM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

still laffing...

1:04 PM  
Blogger maklang said...

*smile*

12:09 AM  
Blogger Lollies said...

did she snort?

4:04 AM  
Blogger podgykat said...

Hi Bergen,
You better snap up that 'Cleopatra' look-alike before someone else's does! Good luck in your quest!

9:17 AM  
Blogger tee said...

macam lari 1500 m lak... semput den.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Podgykat: Good to know I made you laugh with this, ma'am.

Dr Nurul Bahiyah Baharudin: Long sentences sound good in malay too. You've gotta teach me to do it.

Anggerik Merah: Always a pleasure to have you here, ma'am.

Dee3: Good idea to go run after her. Either I succeed or qualify to join marathon.

Rad: You actual counted the full-stops? Wow.

Pu1Pu3: It ain't easy to forget someone who stole your heart.

AuntyN: Take a breather, ma'am.

Torts: Don't laugh too long. I think it's bad for something. I don't know what it is though.

Maklang: And I bet you've got the sweetest smile in Kerteh.

Lollies: LOL

Podgykat: I think someone just did.

Tee: Next time I'll write something that'll make you feel as if you've just ran a 100m dash. Deal?


To everyone who came in, thank you very much. Have a nice day, y'hear?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I found this quotes somewhere on the web, like it so much. Just want to share with u and the rest of the folk;

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel, and then regret it.

Maybe we have to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.

It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.


May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.


Arita Kasuma

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home