Monday, June 19, 2006

3 pm Entry.

He doesn't realize it but I do. Women are built with this instinct to begin noticing little changes in men when he started to take extra interest in the way a TV newscaster put on her make-up, or the dress she's wearing. Out of the blue, all the women that come on TV are extra pretty and sweeter than (the one sitting next to him on a couch thinking about a son that hasn't fully recovered from a bad cough.)

Is this his way of telling me that I had better keep up with those dolls on TV? Or that I smell of cooking oil and sweat? Well who wouldn't after what I went through today having to cook three separate meals while trying to deal with a leaking washing machine and figure a way how to fit in the new schedule that the school had worked up to make the life of a housewife like me even more chaotic. They've changed the timing of the Taekwondo class and I only got to know about it from a friend while exchanging notes about how difficult it is to get sugar these days.

I can't bother him with these things. It's my job. I'm supposed to handle these things like a superwoman that I am. Don't they've got Mother's Day to acknowledge things I do 364 days in a year to make that special day oh so special? Am I not born a woman and a woman is supposed to do these things in silence. Am I not supposed to close my eyes and think of heaven when he turns off the light, or is it me who supposed to turn it off for him so he can do his job undisturbed by little details like that?

I need to go pick up number four from piano lesson, and pick number two from tuition. Should be home by 4.30 to start dinner for him. Will blog later.

12 Comments:

Blogger ubisetela said...

present..
tell me u did NOT undergo a sex change :D

2:59 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

love it. love it. love it.

3:03 PM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

You are a real gem!!. A man putting himself into the housewife's thoughts are difficult to come by.

3:23 PM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

Bravo. Kudos. Your attempt to get underneath the skin of a woman/wife/mother as Bergenia is to be applauded.

Tell it like it is, sistah!

3:28 PM  
Blogger podgykat said...

Told like only a woman could! Kudos. Contemplation of a sex-change has done wonders for you, or it for us, women -who follow your writings? T.Kasih.

4:11 PM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

Hemmmm...bila pulak En Bergen bertukar menjadi suri rumah nih?....

If only all men in this whole wide world have this kind of thinking!!

Hidup Bergen!!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

i thought i was reading someone else's blog.

good job.

which goes to show that men know what their women go through at home.

sadly, very many have that "tak kuasa" attitude, that result in a lot of women feeling underhanded and unappreciated.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Glad you're on "this side", only if even metaphorically. :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

Is this for real?If I didn't know any better, I could have sworn a naturally born lady wrote this.Cayalah!You're making yourself more desirable than ever. Your stakes have increased by twofold!Jangankan the TESCO lady, Carrefour Lady, GIANT, even FAJAR HYPERMARKET pun would give their highest price to get you!

11:33 PM  
Blogger HH said...

Having children do piano lessons is such great presents from the parents. I know, coz' although I dreaded the days of practising piano especially towards the ABRSM exam day, I thank in silence of the sacrifice that my mom took to send to piano classes.

Nothin' beats a space provided for creativity.

P.S - Please tell Bergenia that what she's doing for her kids is awesome!

1:28 PM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

bergenia! bergenia! bergenia! you've come a looooog way..

8:55 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Ubisetela: I thought about. LOL.

Anedra: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

AuntyN: I thought it's a natural thing. Don't we all have the ying and yang thing to enable us to switch back and forth to being a man one minute and a woman the next? LOL.

Lifebloom: Yeah, sistah! LOL.

Podgykat: It scares me quite a bit though I thought I was turning into a real woman. LOL.

AuntieYan: Alamak AuntieYan, that 'hidup Bergen' thing makes me feel like a politician championing Malay rights. LOL. Nice though. double LOL.

Nazrah: ...and I thought I was writing as someone else. Scary but an awakening of sorts. LOL.

Blabs: Yes, ma'am. It was a walk on the wild side of mankind, or is it womankind.Given the chance, I'd walk again as long as I can get back in. LOL.

Pu1Pu3: Oh oh. LOL.

Restless: Yes, ma'am. I'll tell Bergenia that she's doing the right thing. LOL.

Torts: Yes, ma'am. Virginia and Bergenia have come a long way, baby.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home