Tuesday, August 03, 2010

RAIN OVER THIS HERE BOYS' TOWN

View from Masjid Ubudiah, Kuala Kangsar

I know a coupla guys who used to go to the high class school in this boys' town but I'm not too sure if they wanna consider me their friend because they stick together wherever they go and they put on the school necktie on Wednesday and they go have lunch together among themselves or talk big business that you'd better get out of there because if you didn't go to the high class school in this boys' town like they did, you ain't one of them. And that makes you an outcast. As an outcast you'd best be riding along on your machine all by yourself heading North real quick because rain is coming down pretty hard by the look of the clouds over Kuala Kangsar this time of day.

I like Kuala Kangsar. I like the river. I like the whole thing about it. I like having lunch in this boys' town and watching them boys in white pants and shirts going about in groups talking among themselves looking so high class and elite and all that stuff that they can make you feel kinda strange not wearing something white like they do. But it doesn't matter. It's a boys' town and this is their town. I got nothing to do with it.

See ya, Kuala Kangsar. You take care of them boys now, y'hear?

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

..yes, I know the feeling, being a Cliffordian myself..:) and like you, I loved everything about KK..then in the 50's when iced-kepal was 5cents a kepal and present day, when I would always make it a point to stopover or detour no matter where my destination is...
..think there will be a time when you will head my way on that mean machine of yours..?:) cheers..

3:33 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Pakmat: I know where that school is. It's on the left hand side of the road heading towards the train station. I think it has a writing something about a ship and crew and something like that that I can recall.

No, sir. I don't ride East. Every weekend it's a ride North.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Zendra-Maria said...

I remember stopping by with Red Alfa at the district police station in this town to pay a fine for speeding on their stretch of the North-South Highway. The police cameras here are super-effective, Sir.

11:42 PM  
Blogger mekyam said...

hi berg,

reading you is a bit like watching water flowing. one feels accord without knowing what it is one is agreeing about. :D

sure glad you're blogging again, man.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Zendra-Maria / Red Alfa: In red Alfa, you don't drive slow. That would be wrong to a car like that, he he. You did the right thing, the camera did the wrong thing.

Mekyam: Alhamdulillah. Thank you, ma'am.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Miz Lavender said...

Haha Bergen

You described the MCKK boys to a T. Attitude ya.
I married one. I should know better.
But luckily I am a former TKC girl. Also attitude.
What a match.
Look at our First lady LOL.
(All this while I am a silent reader. But now I am addicted to your blog.)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Miz Lavender: A serikandi, are ya? Glad to have you here, ma'am.

Sent via iPhone.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Miz Lavender said...

Nope. Seri Kandi is Tun Fatimah.
I am ex Tunku Kursiah College girl.
Rosmah Mansor my super,super senior.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Miz Lavender: Oh ok. Sorry about that. I used to have visitors to this blog who are Serikandi and that's the word, the only word I know to link the girls to the boarding school. I forgot about the other boarding school. I think you are the first TKC I know who got here.

Sent via iPhone.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam abg berg,
been your silent reader for quite a while..nice to see you blogging again.

keep well, and salam RAMADAN to you.

F

4:06 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anonymous 4.06pm / F: Thank you. Good to have you. Salam Ramadan to you too. You stay sharp now, ok?

Sent via iPhone.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home