Sunday, July 04, 2010

Me and Grandma Talk About The End Of The World.

Grandma says you've been a perfect boy the whole day today. All I can say is, I know. And I think as far as I am concerned, the world can end today, right at this very minute before Grandma and I turn in for the night. Aunt is still in the kitchen banging about the pots and pans she will be using first thing tomorrow morning to cook all the things she knows how to cook very well to sell to the hungry boys during recess as Sekolah Laki-Laki Dungun. I am not about to think about what is going to happen tomorrow morning because if the world doesn't come to an end tonight, come tomorrow Aunt will wake me up from my sleep, carry me to the trishaw for me to continue my sleep all the way to the school until she will have to carry me again so I can continue to sleep in the back room of the school canteen. Which is why I wish the world would come to an end tonight.

Grandma says you've done all the good things a boy your age can do. You followed me to the masjid during Subh, and you stayed with me when I read the qur'an. You followed me to the market without complaining. You were quiet and obedient. You didn't ask for toys. All the makcik traders at the market have nothing but nice things to say about you. They wish they had a boy like you. You followed me to the masjid for Zuhr. You slept. And then you woke up to follow me to the masjid for Asr. And you continued to follow me to the masjid for Maghrib and Isya'. All the time you prayed behind me in the women section, but that's okay because you are still a young boy. My friends at the masjid too said you are such good boy they wish they had a grandson like you. I am so proud of you. And Aunt too is so very proud of you.

When grandma says this to me, I wish time just stand still and never move a minute forward. And I wish the world just come to an end because I deserve heaven since I've been such a good boy all day, and night. Come tomorrow, I am not sure if I can do all the things I have done today all over again. Who knows, come tomorrow I will do completely the opposite and the world comes to an end and I will be thrown straight to hell. But tonight I will sleep hoping the world will come to an end so Aunt and Grandma and Cousin can all be in heaven with me.

Tonight as I write this, I am the one left. And I miss them very much....

12 Comments:

Anonymous mike said...

selamat pagi encik bergen. saya tak tau nak komen apa tapi kena komen jugak sebab nak jadi orang yang pertama komen. haha.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam,

almost 300000 people die on a good day each day...so the world ends pretty often around the globe ;)

saya

12:57 PM  
Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Al Fatihah. They continue to live with us through the memories.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous cik_kembang said...

Salam sir,

I like the part "They wish they had a boy like you", errr actually what they want to say is "They wish they had a son in law like you"..hehehe. Welcome back sir..I miss your writings.

Regards
Tipah, Pendangshire

4:31 PM  
Blogger ubisetela said...

Salam, how are you Bergen?

Semoga roh mereka dicucuri rahmat, Insya Allah. *AlFatihah*

9:20 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Mike: Hey, congratulations for being the first and good morning to you, sir.

Anonymous/saya 12.57: I reckon it does, ma'am.

Fauziah Ismail: Yes, they will continue to live in my mind, ma'am.

Cik Kembang: He he - How's Japan? Salam to Sudin. How's he doing these days?

Ubisetela: I am doing good, ma'am. Tak balik Trengganu?

11:35 PM  
Anonymous mm said...

good to be here again, bergen..
here or in heaven, you'll always will be their good boy...remember that.

11:09 AM  
Blogger f said...

And as I read this, I really miss my late abah. I miss being his favorite lil' [fat] girl.

Al-Fatihah to those who have gone before us.

/f

10:14 PM  
Blogger mamasita said...

Awwh Bergen..you have made me teary-eyed..and I do believe you've turned out to be a good man.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Salam Tuan,
Time really flies, ain't it? And it tends to accelerate after one passed the half-century mark! Great posting!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam sir,

sooo happy that u r back. am a fan of yr blog. i was so worried when u went MIA. yr entries always make me cry n laugh at the same time.wish i could write like u...looking forward for your many entries to come n i pray for your full recovery....aaamin.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not how we started, but how we ended that matters. May Allah bless the remaining of our journey in life with keberkatan and iman ...

torts

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home