Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Got Hit By A Runaway Train.

1. How was I supposed to know they rigged the projected cash flow to make it look good enough for me to give them the money so I could own a piece of a high profile business venture I had heard so much about that I thought it would be a good thing to get involved in it since every one in it had been making money as if money was a gush of water coming out of a hole in the ground.
2. I was impressed with the studio - a lot of Macs and a team of creative people working and having fun in a studio that looked expensive, music blasting out in the background. 
3. They've got pretty young things in short skirts moving about refilling my cup with coffee. They told me those pretty young things are called Account Executives who report to Account Manager who reports to the Account Director now talking and laughing in front me looking every bit a knowledgeable person in expensive clothes.
5. They've got a Creative Director who speaks with an accent and who seems to know every one in town including the mayor himself. 
6. Every one's kinda friendly and I felt kinda comfortable with these folks that I thought, what the heck, why not get into advertising business and see how far I could go.
7.  They introduced me to a circle of advertising people who wore nice expensive clothes and talk of nothing but awards that I really had it figured that we were in California where every one is somehow connected with the film industry.
8. They talked in millions this and millions that. 
9. Air time this and media schedule that.
10. Branding this and positioning that.
11. In the end, I say you guys do the thing you do and I just watch.
12. In the end I got poorer and they never answered my phone calls.
13. One day I'll meet them up and it won't be a nice thing because I don't take it too kindly to those who got away with my money.
14. Maybe they've never been in a brawl or spend a week in jail for brawling.
15. I have.
16. I know the score; RM50.00 compound. You pay to the desk sergeant. He'd give you the receipt. That's how much you pay for beating up someone in a fight.
17.  I can't wait.
18. I'm gonna find you folks if this is the last thing I do.
19. He he.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you live and learn..talking fron personal experience here.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Instead of landing yourself in jail, why not take these people there? Let them feel what it's like behind bars!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah just beat the heck out of them, just don't kill them.

9:57 PM  
Blogger muteaudio said...

U'r everywhere it seems. I wonder which Ad Agency that u mentioned???
Not all Ad people are like that. Ther are some genuine ones. U should have called me. hahaha.

Anyway, Selamat Berpuasa Sir Bergen.

10:57 PM  
Blogger ZABS said...

Salam Bergen,
Sedih apabila di perdaya begitu oleh orang yang baru kita kenal. Tetapi lebih sedih jika orang tersebut ada pertalian saudara pula dengan kita.
A guy got to do what a guy got to do.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Kay: We live. And learn. And got burnt once in a while to leave a lasting lesson so we won't forget. But we forget.

Fauziah Ismail: Sounds like an interesting tour to package in a neat proposal. He he

Kata Tak Nak: Maybe a rotan would be better. What say you, cikgu?

Muteaudio: Should have called you. Right you are. Good money but it depends on a lot of things, I guess.

Zabs: People do funny things when there's money involved. Oh well, it's life. You win some, you lose a lot. he he.

To everyone who got by this way, thanks for visiting. You be sure to have a nice Raya now, y'hear?

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home