Saturday, August 09, 2008

Take Me Home.

The sun is a ball of fire as orange as the sun should be on an evening like this in a place a thousand miles from home. Pretty women walking by, eyes sharp as blade to look deep into my heart that I can't help but to fall in love with every one of them. Take me home, take me home. Take me to your mom so I can tell her what a beautiful daughter you've got here, ma'am, and that it would be a pity if she's not married to a Far-Eastern guy like me. I'll love her with every thing I've got and more. I'll take care of her the way you've taken care of her and more. Take me home, take me home before the sun goes down. 
When the sun goes down, I walk the street to pass by a kebab shop manned by a guy with a smile so friendly that it got me to buy a dozen lamb kebab to fill me up until late at night thinking; why bother going home when you've made up your mind that this is as far as we could go and no more. 
I take a shower and try to get some sleep but all I do is stare at the ceiling wondering what you're doing now or if you ever think about me the way I think about you which is all the time and more. But I know better there's no point thinking, about the things I'd want them to happen the way they should be, when I'm in a place a thousand miles from home. I know better too that I don't have a home no more when you decided this is as far as we could go and no more.
And so I decide to go farther, a million miles and more. To look at the sun bright orange as the sun can be in a place millions of miles from home. 
Don't take me home. Don't ever take me home again. I know better that there's no such thing as home when I can't have you.

16 Comments:

Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Welcome home, bro. I so missed your postings!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

How's it going, ma'am? Glad to see you.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful as ever. Welcome home.

5:01 PM  
Blogger cakapaje said...

Salam bergen,

Yo bro, welcome back! ;)

8:38 PM  
Blogger tokasid said...

salam Bergen.
Alhamdulillah you're back.
You sure have a lot to catch up and we sure have been waiting for you.

Alhamdulillah.

1:42 AM  
Blogger zackzara said...

Alhamdulillah, I finally be able to read your postings again, Sir. Welcome home, Sir. Glad to have you around.

8:36 AM  
Blogger zabs said...

Salam Bergen,
Welcome home. I am sure you have a lot to share with us now.

9:01 AM  
Blogger IBU said...

Finally ..... :)

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have you back! Missed your postings. Hope all's well and good. Yipee, you're back :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Kama At-Tarawis said...

bergen? do you remember cage?
if you do... salam brother..

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear bergen, i've read all your postings. some i can still remember, some i cant. some make made me wonder if it was me u were talking about, and some made me thinking if it was u that i saw along the way.

keep on writing bergen. and hv a nice journey ahead.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bergen,

Welcome home Sir, and I have been clicking in vain all these months. Sigh.

And the posting, as good as ever.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jo Kontan said...

Sir Bergeng,.

I must say today is my Lucky day.

Just got back from a lousy meeting,. and here we are with a new post from you.

:-)

4:55 PM  
Blogger nadya.s said...

ahlan wa sahlan pak bergen :)

kembali sudah?
tulis banyak2 yer.

salam.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Hello, everyone! Thanks for dropping by. You people be sure to have a good day, y'hear?

12:05 AM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

Salam Bergen,

Amboiiiiiiii!!!! lamanya hilang!
Welcome back!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home