Friday, January 18, 2008

Gotta Put Love On Hold.

There ain't gonna be no loving this weekend, not with the kinda voice I've got and what with high temperature and feeling kinda feverish that I don't wanna have anything to do with love except to stay in bed wrapped in Kashmir shawl feeling like a prince out of love now that I can't go out to see my princess prancing about the meadow like a girl she is singing a song straight out of a Hindi movie like, Kaho Na Piyar Re Hey or something like that.

As it is right now I don't answer phone calls on account I can't speak a sentence without having to raise the tone of my voice to a level high enough to make a sound but the only sound you're gonna hear is a mild squeak that could very well sound like a feeble cry of a baby hamster trying to sing the national anthem.

I don't need this fever but there's nothing I can do about it. As a matter of fact I've got everything planned out for a productive weekend like a picnic in the park munching on lamb sandwich and Mediterranean salad with home-made dressing, courtesy of Laleli extra virgin olive oil. On Sunday I've got me a plan to take you to a man-made lake where we can sit on a bench for hours to eat something you may want me to prepare at home.

You know how it is, we can only plan things out but things have a way of turning out completely the other way at the last minute and this fever is the last minute thing that turned up unexpectedly almost immediately after I completed 20 laps in a 25 meter pool swimming freestyle and breaststroke. Maybe I took in too much water. Whatever it is, there's nothing I can do about it.

No, I don't want you to see me this way. It's not my way to present myself to people when I'm not healthy. I don't want you to see me coughing while saying something like; how's it going with ya? Gotta say it with a firm voice minus the special effect of a cough or a coarse tone coming out of a throat out of line.

Until I'm all right and ready, you know that I gotta put love on hold. Maybe you'd be gone by the time I'm back on my feet but no way I'm gonna let you see me this way. A strong guy won't let a girl see him this way. Not in my book.

8 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

i don't get it..I'd want some extra loving if I were in your shoes. But aanyways, get well soon!! Don't put love on hold for too long!

by the way, the lamb sandwich sounds marvelous!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Tigress said...

Dear Sir,

A strong man indeed to put lurve on hold on account of sniffles,sores and infection. A lesser man would 'drama out' the event and see whether that'll get the attention of the lurve object... and be the recipient of some TLC or some babying. But (LOL) you're a strong man, aren't you, Sir?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bergen
You need some rest. Yep, the blanket, the matress, the pillow, you deserve them. Sorry to hear your weekend plans ruined. It is frustrating eh?
Keep well.

5:31 PM  
Blogger cakapaje said...

Salam bro,

I wrote some gibberish earlier and blogspot seemed adamant not publishing it! Hmm...take a break bro, but not with kit kat :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger dee3 said...

masa demam la need pampering! hehehe

get well soon, it's good to hear (READ) that love is in the air.
even nicer that the guy is preparing the food. romantic!
hehehe

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i am her, i would put my life on hold, and nurse you back to health...and make you that lamb sandwich instead..

8:00 PM  
Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Put love on hold? No woman would do that for a man who cooks for her!!!
What you need is tender loving care while you're under the weather.
Take care, bro. Rest well.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anedra: How have you been, ma'am? You've been gone a long time. How's your son getting along?

Tigress: Yes, ma'am. One shouldn't bother people when one is sick. Take it all in and let it go away as quietly as it came.

Akmal: LOL, yup those are nice articles to surround yourself with but too much of them will only make the bed rather cluttered and this will have a negative effect on me emotionally. I don't like to see things all messed up, especially when I'm down with fever. So only two pillows and a medium-sized Kashmir shawl.

Cakapaje: No, not Kit Kat. LOL. I like dark chocolate. It's the only thing good for me in the chocolate department.

Dee3: Masa demam I prefer to be completely alone. LOL.

Anonymous 8.00pm: No, ma'am. Unless she's a nurse, I'd rather have her stay away.

Fauziah Ismail: Thank you, ma'am. A little under the weather is a good thing for a change. hehe

To every one who came by this way for a stop, thank you for dropping by. Have a nice day, y'hear?

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home