Monday, January 14, 2008

Alang-Alang Jatuh Cinta.

We shouldn't be here but of all the nice places in the world this is where you wanna be so there's nothing I can do about it but to have it your way that I gotta keep still as a tree not saying anything except to smile every now and then when people at the same table ask me questions that I don't really know how to answer except to say nice things people in nice clothes say to each other on an evening like this when all I see are people trying to be high class putting on high-class show as if we're all on a boat trip sailing down the river to see a king in his summer palace to say how's it goin', your highness?

What have I gotten myself into with you? But you're such a nice thing that it's kinda hard for me not to be with you when I know for sure that a lot of guys would kill each other with their teeth just to be with you on account that you're so beautiful that I too had better be prepared to kill people just in case a guy walks up to ask you for a phone number or other things a guy usually asks a pretty girl like you when he's a little tipsy in the head feeling like a million buck thinking he's Brad Pitt or George Cloney or Shah Rukh Khan or someone from that lineage.

I've got a pair of nice English shoes that don't mean much to anyone at the table since everyone has got on hand-made shoes too expensive for me to even dream of having a pair but this thought doesn't bother me all that much since I'm sitting right next to you. Although I can't figure what got into you to bring me along so you can be here this evening with all this high-class folks now talking and laughing high-class that I gotta excuse myself for a couple of minutes to go into the bathroom so I can practise in there how to talk and laugh high-class too before a guy at the table whispers you in the ear with something like this; 'What's a sweet thing like you doing with a scrap like that?' Of course this won't be how the guy would say it because he's too high-class to be talking in a low-down talk like that but I have no way of knowing how to say something like that high-class.

I'm in the bathroom but it's like a voting station in here with people lining up to use the booth that I figure this isn't the kinda place I should be practising how to talk and laugh high-class in front of a mirror while this folks looking normal-class trying to hold the bladder the best they can that I gotta get outta here because I don't have a full bladder.

So I'm back with you at the table and you kinda look me in the eye as if I've been gone a long time to look for a horse somewhere in Mongolia. And so I say; 'Can't find the damned horse in Mongolia so I figured it's better to be here with you.' That got people laughing but I can't get it what got them to laugh so hard when I'm trying to tell the truth but they take it as a joke. Even if it was a joke I don't think it's a good one, I mean what's the connection between a horse and Mongolia? But people laugh at things when they're a little tipsy that I'd better stay on my toes just in case someone walks up to you to ask where in Mongolia I've been to.

We're in the car and I'm reading aloud the street signs, billboards and buildings that it got you to laugh as if every one of them is a punch line to a joke so silly you gotta laugh silly yourself. I don't get it but since you laugh I'd better laugh myself just in case you have the impression I am such a bore. Maybe it's the air-freshener that got me thinking maybe tonight is good a night as any to be falling in love and to ask you to marry me since you're such a pretty person that it would be a shame if I don't muster the courage to say this to you but I remember a song;...and then I go and spoiled it all by saying something stupid like 'I love you'...

I don't wanna spoil things so I'd better don't say something stupid like that but instead say something like; you know, I think the horses are healthy in Mongolia.

That got you laugh even more.

18 Comments:

Blogger cakapaje said...

Salam bro,

All this while I've been asking myself what happened to you, and you went to Monggolia? Wowee!

And you fell in love there? Double wowee!

But you did not bring her back here? Hmm...no wowee!

Still, glad to have you back, mate :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger tokasid said...

Salam Bergen:

Ahh...you're in love.
There so much love in the air ,this entry sure is.

Alang-alang selok pekasam biar sampai ke pangkal lengan.
Alang alang jatuh cinta biar sampai ke jinjang pelamin.

At least you have the courage to sit at the same table with the high-class ppl. I would have chicken-out for they would think I'a a sweeper or something with my cheap pair of sandals.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if there is a difference in high class love and normal class love? I mean real love you know.

It could also be,
'And then I go a seal it all
By saying something poetic as
I love you.

It could be that you know.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is some kind of a flashback post isn't it??

9:17 PM  
Blogger david santos said...

Great posting. Thank you.
have a good day

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally you are back, Sir. And in Love. And still cooking. And in high-class table. And in a car. And in Mongolia. And riding a horse. And everywhere. Ahhhh...its' good to have you back, Sir...wherever you are, whatever you do. Yea.. am in love in reading your post. Still.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw...love is in the air, can almost feel your happiness. most exciting indeed...

6:21 PM  
Blogger Pak Zawi said...

Bergen Sir,
Being in love is the best phase of love life, savour it while it lasts cos the next phase is kinda difficult to maintain the passion as in the earlier phase.

9:19 PM  
Blogger ZABS said...

Salam Bergen,
Jatuh Cinta ala Mongolia, Tajuk yang menarik untuk slot Samarinda. Tahniah lah kalau sudah jatuh cinta. Bukan semua orang dapat merasainya.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, love. (Now I am quiet. Zipping up my mouth, sealing my toughts; damn its hard!)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Cooking (something you like doing) and in love ... how lucky can one get? Good for you, bro.

1:11 PM  
Blogger BoxxTomoi said...

At "our" age falling in love in Mongolia ??? … remind me of 2 individuals :
Altantuya Shaariibuu and Dr Chua Soi Lek.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir..i know u are in love but dont MIA for too long yea. keep updated.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Yati WTL said...

dropping by..

nice entry..put a smile on my face.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Folks, thank you for visiting. Will reply to your comments later. Until then, you take care, y'hear?

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go on bergen.....say something stupid!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mr.b..hold ur horses.donot go too far,nanti yang nak di heaven tu tak dapat!!
rasanya yang di tunggu2 di heaven mesti someone who touched ur heart more then anyone u loved.betui x?

11:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Got ur answer,go to March 25 2006!!
amboi namanya kan senantiasa di hbertuah badan n hati jelitawan ni.ati mu..nilah yang di syurga tu!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home