Monday, December 03, 2007

At The Movie With Aunt & Uncle Got Into A Fight.

Everybody in the world knows that I love Aunt very much but I don't like it very much when she comes up to you to say something like this; How about you and me we go watch a movie? She never takes me to watch cowboy movies or war movies or sword fighting movies because she doesn't like this type of movies very much. And so when she says something like that you can bet your whole head with all the hair on it that she's gonna take you watch a Hindi movie that can last for hours what with the singing and dancing and crying and a fight that can last for days where the hero beats up the bad guy real good before the policemen come in a convoy of jeeps to take the bad guy away.

Of course I have to say something like this; Okay. And she will say something like this; Good boy, now don't you go play outside that you'd be gone missing the rest of the afternoon that you might as well being hid by a ghost. This leaves me no choice but to listen to her and stay inside the house to play with little toy soldiers.

We have an early lunch so she can bathe and scrub me good with a sponge even though I haven't been outside the house to breathe the morning air. She says something like this; You'd better put on the navy suit I bought you for Hari Raya. And so I say something like this; Okay. I'm in her room to watch her put on a nice dress and nice smelling perfume and mascara that she looks very pretty. We don't have to wait very long before Encik Musa the trishaw man shows up to take me and Aunt to a movie house made of wood in Padang Jambu.

At the movie house Aunt gives a wad of money to a guy who has sold his life to the movie house helping people get tickets for women like Aunt who has no one to turn to in times like this when every body in Dungun, except Imam Wan Long, comes out of the house to watch a movie the title of which I can't make out because I haven't started school to be smart enough to read.

It isn't very dark in the movie house. You can see the light from outside coming in through the wooden walls that someone has forgotten to join properly but after a couple of minutes your eyes get used to it and when the movie comes on you forget about the light because it has suddenly gotten dark outside which makes the inside of the movie house all dark and hot but I shouldn't complain too much about anything when Aunt keeps saying something like this; Shhh sit still, shhh sit still, shhh.

Half way through the movie a guy sitting right behind us pushes Aunt's seat every now and then that she has to sit upright away from the back rest. I turn to look at the guy and he says something like this; Hello, boy, do you want sweets? I don't say nothing because I know Aunt won't like it and so I turn to the front to watch the movie. And then he pushes Aunt's seat real hard that the whole row of seats start to shake. Aunt whispers to me something like this; I think we'd better go home. I say something like this; Okay.

Every now and again the guy keeps pushing the seat that makes Aunt pretty mad that she turns around to look at the guy to say something like this; What's wrong with you? But the guy puts up his legs against the seat to push it again, all the time making fun of Aunt. Out of the blue, I see a guy walks up the aisle towards us. He comes up close to my seat to put his hand on the back of it so he can lean to face the guy sitting behind Aunt. He lights up a lighter to look at the guy's face to say something like this; Are you man enough to go outside to settle this?

After that the guy never bother us again. I know who the man is that came up to help us. He's Aunt's brother who comes around the house every now and then to tell Grandma that he's getting married. Again. He's the guy I told you about in one of my entries. He had 16 wives all together throughout his life time and I have always wanted to be like him.

We leave the movie house real quick because Uncle tells Aunt to go straight home in a trishaw. Years later when I was in Standard 5, Aunt told me Uncle beat up the guy who disturbed us real good that it's a miracle the policemen didn't come in a convoy of jeep to take the bad guy away.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah finally I didn’t take long to finish reading all your previous postings. Busy with my schedule and dun have enough time to blog hop.
Hope I can visit ur blog more often.
Keep writing Mr Berg!!!
Cheers

12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You sure unc, didn't beat him up all the way to the railway station, roll downhill, kicked him across a flower field, run uphill and grappled him till the 2 of them fell off a waterfall, wiped the blood off the left side of his cheek in heavy rain and finally the guy apologised and wept home?

2:29 PM  
Blogger ZABS said...

Salam Bergen,
You want to be like the uncle eh..
To have in total 16 wives or very protective to women?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Tigress said...

Hindustani movie spilling into real life? No wonder your experiences are very colourful.. Had to go thru Amazing Race Asia speed to catch up on your past postings due to unpredictable WiFi connection at the office. What with HINDRAF, saffron and now Hindustan... I've got my plate full, alright. Thanks n Cheers.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those with great mind writes well. Yours is no exception. Read quite number of blogs but I still prefer your blog, Sir. Perhaps you mix all the flavours well and the taste - perfect. Keep on writing, Sir.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes Mr.B.Now you are back your Can't-Stop-Reading stories.
Selamat kembali Aunty.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Mat Salo said...

Berge.. always a pleasure to come here. Love your stories, dude! Wish I could write like you, tho'.. And your output is simply prodigous!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sixteen wives?!!! *pengsan* Hahaha. Now, is that why you wanted to be like him?? LOL. Enjoying the read as always. Have a great weekend.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mior Azhar said...

Tuan,
Delightful spin as usual. Gua tabik spring lar.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Blackrose: It's hard work writing but I keep going as this is good practice for me with no previous writing experience.

Kata Tak Nak: LOL, you're more familiar with the script than I am. LOL Three elements in a Hindi movie (dulu lah) jeep polis, train and a white horse. Not to mention Helen the dancer. Oh, Prem Chopra the bad guy.

Zabs: Both. LOL.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Tigress: Yes, ma'am. Looks like you've got your plate full. Take your time, you don't have a plane to catch, do you? LOL.

Zara: You say nice things. Thank you. Glad you enjoy coming here.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Norlyda: Thank you, ma'am. You have a nice day now, y'hear?

Mat Salo: Thank you, sir. Wish I could write like you too. Stay cool, it's a good time as any to be on a floater though. Do you cycle laundry? You people have the Philippinos to do the job for you?

11:43 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Podgykat: LOL, don't pengsan yet until I tell you the story. LOL. Yes, 16 throughout his life. Grandma counted it for me and I never forget this thing because he's my idol. LOL.

Mior Azhar: Thank you, sir. Glad to enjoyed it.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dunno if you got such a bad deal after all..LOL. Which is worse..sitting thru 3 hrs of dancing around trees,mountain peaks, meadows, temples or one singular assh**e putting an end to your misery?
PS: I'm Punjabi and I'd take the latter scenerio anyday..

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Sir, for alerting me about my gmail being hacked, so promptly.

I owe you one. Take care

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home