Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm Not Angry.

Something's wrong. It doesn't take CSI kinda guy to know it. I've got piles and piles of bills in the mailbox and they are pretty soaked up good. The floors are dusty, the furniture hasn't been dusted for weeks and the kitchen is slightly better than Falujah after the car bomb. Obviously someone has been trying very hard to be Nigella. I try calling up the housekeeper but she isn't in the right mood to answer my calls. I am not angry. I'm just a little tired after the long flight home and now I've got a major cleaning up to do. I'd better do it now or else this is gonna come to me in a bad dream and I ask you again, what could be worse than to wake up at 4 in the morning to sweep, dust, mop and go back to bed pretending as if I've never left the house to be cared for by a woman who said she could do it for me for RM500.00. I paid good money and all I got is a house full of dust, potato chips, wrappers, plastics, straws, messed up kitchen, dirty bathroom and an empty fridge. Good thing there's no human body parts in there cut up into eleven pieces.
No, I'm not angry. I'm just a little tired but I've gotta clean the house before I go to bed.
And so I start with the kitchen since this is where everything begins. And for me, it's the heart of the house. After this it's gonna be the living room. Gotta sweep off the dust real good before mopping it up with the chemical, and turn on the fan full blast so it will dry up in time before I can do the upstairs. And then I gotta dust and wipe the furniture. I reckon this is gonna take about 2 hours. I'd better start now.
It's good to be home. Of course it would be better if it's a clean home. But I am not complaining. I'm not angry. I don't think it's a good idea to be angry or annoyed at anyone at 2.30 in the morning. Everyone has a reason for doing what they do. I'll deal with the agent first thing in the morning.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cosmic_GurL said...

Well, at least it's just dusty. I went back to kampung for 2 days with my parents last month and when I came back, my parent's house was flooded! Apparently the water in the tub on the ceiling leaked and came down through the walls (i dont know how the heck that happened) and all the carpets got soaked! It was a mess!

Oh well...home sweet home nevertheless :)

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i reached home one fine day after work and found my house was broken in to. i wasn't angry, coz it wud have been a totally different situation if i WERE there when they ransacked the place! phewww...

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

home sweet home, always.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Huh, pussy. I got home one day and nothing happened. What have you got to say to that?

9:47 PM  
Blogger IBU said...

hmmmm ..... potato chips, wrappers, plastics, straws, messed up kitchen, dirty bathroom and an empty fridge.

what a great party it must be! hehehe!!!

I hope u did not find anything else other than the above.

but hey, look at the bright side, you enjoy 'cleaning'. This is a homecoming gift for you!

Cheers Mr Berg!

12:14 AM  
Blogger ailin...(still) in aalborg said...

Sir Bergen. It took me 3 hours just to clean up my living room. I'm with you all the way. p.s. my guys get to scrub the bathroom!

5:57 AM  
Blogger tokasid said...

Salam Bergen.

So you've been out of the country the last 2 weeks right?

Welcome home to you even you had an unwelcome situation at home.
RM500/= a month and she didn't do her job while you are away? She need to explain her Houdini act to you and you'll hear lots of sad stories with sobs in between from her.

And the agent need screwing too.
This is what I call tidak amanah.

Have a nice week sir and stay cool.
Salam.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Cosmic Gurl: I can imagine the mess, especially when there's water involve.

E: Yup, you don't want to be home when that kinda thing go down.

Syamin: I hear you, ma'am.

Nak Tak Nak: You're lucky. I believe you want to thank your missus for it.

Ibu: The pictures from Istanbul Chronicle are nice. Bring back a lot nice memories.

Ailin: Good to have you. Boy, it's been ages since I last heard from you. How are things coming along, ma'am? I think of Denmark and you when I spread Lurpak on my toast. LOL.

Tokasid: You've got it right there, sir. It's about amanah. Sadly, this big word is considered a small thing these days.

You people have a nice day now, y'hear?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...ada pun dia...ingatkan dah ilang. Baru jer nak lodge police report yang Mr Bergen gone missing due to broken heart. He he he...

Good day brother

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Elviza: Hilang menghilang ni bahaya, tup tup ada dalam fridge. How are you, ma'am?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Checked the fridge, didn't you?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Fauziah Ismail: Yes, ma'am. Checked it I did. I read about the refrigerator murder. Man, that guy is gonns look at a fridge different from now on. I'd like to know who did the cutting though. What kinda knife he or she used, and stuff like that.

Sorry for bringing this up, but coming home to a news like that got me quite shook up. Not the rock n' roll Elvis kind though.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home