Wednesday, December 06, 2006

No Need To Say Sorry.

I should have told her about Aunt Su and that I kept her room neat and tidy because I am a big fan of Ikea method of keeping things in order. But she went into the room before I told her about it and started to open the cupboard only to find a stack of batik sarung and baju kedah in one section of the compartment. All hell broke lose after that and there I was in the middle of mixing the marinade for chicken kebab, trying the best I could to explain that the clothes she had found in the cupboard belonged to Aunt Su.

Of course I had to explain in less than 3 seconds who Aunt Su was and how in a round about way, via Grandma, we became related in a strange twists and turns of the family tree. She had honestly thought those batik sarung and baju kedah belonged to my missus and that I was once married. I said that's okay, you don't have to say sorry. But yes, I was married once but that's a long story. Of course she could have thought worse.

She could have kept her thought to herself thinking that I put on those clothes when no one is around, or she could have started a blog to write about me, a gym mate who is actually a cross-dresser in private.

We had a good laugh but underneath it all I wasn't sure if she was totally convinced that those batik sarung and baju kedah weren't mine. She asked about Aunt Su and so we talked about it for a bit. I showed her pictures of our trip to Kedah, the tour to Putrajaya and the fireworks we saw early this year from the hotel room downtown. Sure, I said, I'll take you to see her if that's what you really want to do. Maybe some other day, was all she said.

We talked late into the night that in the end she said it may not be safe to drive and so I said you can stay if you want to but you have to sleep in Aunt Su's room since I have converted the third room into an office. Sure you can choose any of the sarung you prefer, I'm sure Aunt Su won't mind.

Good night.

We're having breakfast at Ikea tomorrow. I need to get the magnetic knife holder.

See you tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bergen,

Hang tak takut kena tamgkap khalwat ka? :p

10:54 PM  
Blogger nadya.s said...

cemburu tandanya sayang. :) mind me asking,is this the lady from the gym?

..love is in the air..

12:29 AM  
Blogger k.d said...

Mr.Bergen...all the work out worthwhile ya..!!

How's Aunt Su anyway?

5:04 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Dr Roza: Nope.

Nadya: Yes, she's from the gym.

K.D: Going to see her this Saturday for lunch.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wuuuuu-hu!

'nuff said :p
heh

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home