Friday, September 15, 2006

Lights, Camera, Action!

She's got a small part in a movie. I don't know what the movie is all about other than everyone in it doesn't quite fit in with any of the scene they've shot so far.

Making movies is about scheduling. At least this is what I've figured after hanging around the movie people for a week. Evidently someone in charge of this outfit doesn't understand the concept that everything revolves around a schedule. I'd say Mr Patrick my drilling supervisor would make a hellava good production manager in this outfit knowing what he does about how to move things according to time, weather, equipment, supply ship, heli drop and cost. Oh well, what do I know about making movies other than to sit quietly in a plastic chair behind a group of men and women crowding behind a camera rig, some with their eyes fixed to a monitor slightly bigger than the size of a cellphone screen.

They've got coffee. But no doughnuts, especially those with crunched nuts and glazed with honey. All they've got is karipap which I don't quite like on account it is kinda soggy. The coffee isn't all that good either which got me to figure, no wonder no one is acting all that good that would win him something like an oscar or something. But then again, I forgot, this is Malaysia, we've got more award shows that Holywood, Bollywood and Hong Kong put together. You can get at least 7 nominations and 5 awards in Malaysia for a 20 second role in a movie that has everything in it except a real story.

It's her shot.

I see her walking into a room, looking kinda scared. Frankly I don't think she put up a decent scared face for the scene but then again, it's not my movie so they keep on rolling. She goes a bed, sits on it to look into a mirror. At this point I don't think the director or the scriptwriter has any idea what is going on. And so they let she stares into a ceiling for hours until someone has a bit of sense to say, 'Cut!'.

How do you like it?
Oh, you were all right.

And she goes prancing about like a pony to the catering van for nasi lemak or mee hoon or karipap.

I don't belong here. I feel so out of place. But this is a movie set, you don't just walk out on an actress like that. Who'd take her home at his hour of the day.

3.00 am.

8 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Sorry but I can't resist asking .... how DID you end up on a movie set? Quite an experience, I suppose (good or bad, either way).

6:40 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

it can really be a pain watching a shoot eh? good thing she didn't need many takes.

9:17 AM  
Blogger HH said...

Hahahah - to Nazrah's.

I remember accompanying a friend for some mini drama. He only had three scenes to do which last till wee hours. For each scene, there's a need for different angle-shot. Penat patik temankan..

12:43 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

QOTH: I had to send her to the location. Bad ideal. lol.

Nazrah: You've got that right. It's a slow process. Much slower if it involves fast action.

Restless: I don't mind if the guy in charge knows wnat he wants. Half the time he doesn't know what's going on.

Thanks for coming in, folks.

Have a nice day.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

while waiting, you shud have asked for a role as an extra :) selamat berpuasa berg!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

selamat berpuasa.

9:08 AM  
Blogger noha chomel said...

Selamat menjalani ibadah puasa :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Mama Rock: I'd freeze twice over in front of a camera. LOL.

Kak Teh: Terima kasih, puan.

Noha Chomel: Nice to see you again, ma'am.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home