Thursday, July 13, 2006

Three Women And A Man.

Three women are coming to my apartment for lunch this weekend. I am no eunuch so I might as well confess that the very idea of three women coming for lunch is enough to make me all excited inside.

I've got the menu planned out. It will be a perfect lunch date. Everyone will have a good time. To keep it interesting I've even figured out some interesting topics for us to talk about at least for hours on end. I've compiled a list of interesting jokes to keep the afternoon as lively as possible. At the moment I am seriously thinking of learning up a few acrobatic tricks so I can keep them amused even more. Maybe later in the day I'll Google some magic tricks that I can learn up and practise so I can impress them with my skills. I know this will work like a charm among the women. They'll go 'Ohhh you're so clever, do that again.' And I'll do the trick all over again feeling like a circus monkey.

For starters we'll have some rojak, and spring rolls. I think I'll cook tomyam soup. We can have this with udon mee. And some rice. I'll steam a medium-sized fish with ginger, serai, garlic, chili, coriander leave, mint, and some herbs. This will go very well with sayur campur with huge cubes of beancurd and a generous sprinkle of ikan masin. I can lace this with egg. For dessert we'll have sagu with gula Melaka. I need to make sure this is served in nice cute bowls so the colour of the gula Melaka and santan will look very interesting.

I've got it all figured out.

The problem is I need to go pick them up, feed them and then send them back, after my magic trick performance, that is. Oh well, it's worth doing it for Aunt Su and her friends, Aunty Koh and Aunty Chea.

I told you I've got three women coming for lunch at the apartment this weekend. I am excited at the thought of cooking for them and hearing them laugh and puji-puji me with their 'Ooh manyak pandai, manyak baik, apa pasal beloom kawiiiin?'

(Maybe I'm a eunuch afterall.)
LOL.

21 Comments:

Blogger podgykat said...

You must be one mean cook! Hope the 3 "lady friends" get their fill of the wonderful food and you. Enjoy them as well..! Cheers.

2:14 PM  
Blogger k.d said...

Waahh..nice menu. You can cook all that? Why oh why you're still single? Have a nice lunch with your Aunt Su and friends. (Wish I was there..wish someone would cook for me..)

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahah...salivating menu!

4:04 PM  
Blogger ubisetela said...

*drooling over menu*

4:21 PM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

ala ubi,
I was just about to type that...
salivating over the thought of how delicious your food would be...eh..bukan sagu la..sago kan?sedapnya..soo yummy..

4:33 PM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

Wah...so sedap the menu....Have a great time and tell us all about it!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bergen - that is so nice of you. Wished I am invited too. I'm 72 and single - how about that.

7:00 AM  
Blogger UglyButAdorable said...

wow!! u cooking up all that?? impress..impresss..*head down* malunyer as perempuan..

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know why on this God's good earth, you have not been snapped up yet... interesting, can clean, can cook...

God is funny.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the golden girls will enjoy themselves..

9:46 AM  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

waaaa....manyak pandai..hmmm ye lorrrr, apasai you belum kawin, kawin lagi ho..

10:36 AM  
Blogger HH said...

u still owe me that steak... (hint! hint!)

11:51 AM  
Blogger dee3 said...

*smiles*

itu menu manyak sidap loh.....

2:05 PM  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

Ohhh...mouth watering menu. I am sure the three ladies will enjoy it.

Have a great weekend sir bergen!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Hola

Ohlalal masak sedap sedap ok...Take piccies if you can!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lollies said...

Ohhh i agree with the sago and santan and gula melaka. so easy but yet so impressive.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waduuuh! Baik nya...pick them, feed them, entertain them, send them. Which planet do you come from? Nice to know such kind, accommodating people like you still exist.

1:51 PM  
Blogger tee said...

so, how did it go? waaa, mesti berkepok-kepok dapat pujian, eh? ermm, the three special ladies sure lucky to be pampered by u last weekend, aye?

:)...

10:09 AM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

When are you going to invite me??? I'm in my golden age too...;-)....sudah boleh masuk itu Aunt Su punya group maaa....

Sagu gula Melaka is my feveret too...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Podgykat: You know better that all it takes is follow the recipe. Nothing to it. Anyone can be cook.

Ailin: All the time, Ailin.

K.D: Nothing to it, ma'am. Just follow the recipi. LOL.

Rad: It's the only thing I know how to cook actually.

Thinktankgal: They sure are, ma'am.

Ubisetela: I am trying to package a nice Terengganu dishes in a menu. Will let you know.

Pu1Pu3: It's sago, but I prefer to spell it that way. It sounds closer to home. Wherever that is. LOL.

Lifebloom: Yes, ma'am. Will write about it.

Anonymous: Do you live nearby?

UBA: Anyone can do it, ma'am.

Wa: What can I say except, life is good.

Mama Rock: Next week. I'll get married next week.

Restless: Lemme go get some nice ribeye for you, ma'am.

Dee3: I hope so.

Anggerik Merah: Thank you, ma'am.

EM: Thank you, ma'am.

Lollies: Yes, simple, easy to present, cooling, and delicious.

SATIRTL: It won't kill to be nice to people.

Tee: Will write about it. It went okay.

AuntieYan: Will have to invite the Hero too, right?

To everyone, thank you for coming in and have a nice day.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

LOL LOL LOL ....

if you were to live next door, I'll be glad to hire you to cook for me once in a while :-)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home