Friday, February 13, 2009

I Got Something On My Head.

Uploaded by Bergen

UNLESS YOU ARE BORN TO BE KING you'd better think at least twenty five times before you wanna put something like that on your head and start walking around like a wise guy, feeling like a million buck, smiling like a fish about to be fried in a wok of boiling palm oil.

THERE'S NO POINT HIDING THE FACT from you but you should know by now that I was a king one time in my life. As a matter of fact my good-for-nothing subjects used to call me by my proper given name and that would be Bergen Your Highness. I was Your Highness this and Your Highness that all the time, 24 hours a day. But me being a free-spirited guy at heart didn't take that kinda treatment too good and so one night I jumped out the window of a big palace where I stayed to join a circus as a lion tamer. Oh yes, I had a colorful life from the time I was born. From king to lion tamer. Have you ever come across someone like that in your life? Probably not in your life time but here you are, reading about it right off your computer screen, probably thinking to yourself, is this guy for real?

OH YES. I am as real as the black guy who is now the president of the United States of America.

SO INSTEAD OF THAT KINDA HEADGEAR, I put on something more comfortable like a nice and fashionable (and practical) Australian bush hat. Sometimes I put on a cap to look like Magnum P.I. And when I go riding, I put on a helmet to keep my head safe in case of a fall. When it's time to go to the mosque, I put on a Tok Guru ketayap. When I 'm out on the field or a rig to install the valves or gaskets, my client would want me to put on a safety helmet. It makes me look good since the hat goes very well with the boiler suit that comes in several colors such as red and orange. I'm not sure if the headgear in the picture above is suitable anywhere outside a palace. It can only be worn inside a palace where you don't get to feel the fresh air in your face, or the misty salt water in your ears. You also don't get to smell the diesel and grime when you put on something like that on your head. As a matter of fact a headgear like that can do things to your head that make you behave funny. If you remember, Ayoh Pin used to put on something like that on his head and it got him to believe that he is god.

IT MAY BE JUST A PIECE OF CLOTH wrapped into a coil that you put on your head. It may weigh about a quarter of a pound but it does carry a heavy weight if you get to wear it in your life time because you don't get that job by answering the recruitment ad in the newspaper. You get that job because it's your birth right. You may feel lucky and privileged to have the job, here on this earth, that is. But in the hereafter, that same headgear may be a huge mountain that you may have to carry around on your head as a form of punishment if you don't do your job well.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like your last sentence, Mr.B.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so, when Bergen His Highness left the confines of the big palace at the virile age of 19, he grew his hair, and he grew his hair, and he grew his hair and he grew his hair. His hair was frizzy at that age and it grew bigger and bigger and biggerr and biggerrr, up to 1000 times bigger than that restrictive headgear he left behind at the palace. (See the picture at disco-bergen)

And ... about 100 times bigger than the manes of the lions he came across at the circus, at the zoo, even in the Kalahari desert where he had gone to prospect for oil.

That was how he tamed the King of the Jungle, not needing to roar, not needing to crack the whip, not needing to throw meat into their dens, but by just showing off his own very impressive and formidable mane, the Simbas just walked away meekly never to be seen again, leaving the pride all to himself.

And so it was that although he had left the palace, Bergen His Highness, unconsciously acts regally no matter where he goes, with a bevy of keen and pretty subjects ever ready to do his bidding.

It can get lonely being regal and not realising it, ... it's time he gets a suitable consort, who believes in the hereafter just like him, and who is not just a trophy....

9:53 AM  
Blogger Kama At-Tarawis said...

Oh wow! Anon, you sure could spin a yarn... That's really something!
Bergen, I now KNOW for sure you sedang bercinta cintan.. there's something about you (terserlah melalui your writings) that spells L-O-V-E... bergen ni dah parah..

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your BERGENness, that tengkolok sure carries a heavy responsibility. Yes, I guess its better to be a lion tamer then to wear one of that.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Farah: Thank you, ma'am.

Anonymous 9.53am: Wow!

Kama At-Tarawis: Am I really?

Cikgu: Yes, sir. It weighs more than a ton on the head but some people like wearing it so much they wanna live forever.

11:44 AM  
Blogger cik_kembang said...

Salam Sir..

I like boiler suit as well coz I have one myself but mine is striking green. Whenever I put the suit on with goggles and safety boots to match...it makes me feel "very important" and it means "serious matter" and “DANGER”...hehehe..LOL

Have a nice day, Sir..

Regards
Cik_kembang

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah,got that right Kama At Tawaris..i do believe his is in the cintan episode..could it be the tengkolok for his wedding with Lady Sungai Bakap.

Bunyi sepadan aje.


Passing by for now

1:23 PM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

Salam Bergen,

I only put tudung on my head....and once in my life time 'they' put a mahkota....that was during my wedding! :-)

1:24 PM  
Blogger mamasita said...

Bergen Your Highness!
Never take off that 'something on your head'! It makes you look so bloody awesome and sexy! hahaha

1:36 PM  
Blogger لف توف™ said...

BYH.
Some statistics; word count equal 597.
Yes. With all the headgears that you have adorned, BYH is very apt.

BYH @
Bergen Your Highness @
Bang Your Head

3:13 PM  
Blogger ZABS said...

Salam Bergen,
Saya pernah jadi Raja Sehari je.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Cik_Kembang: A girl in green boiler suit, goggles and boots. Gotta go find this person.

Anonymous 1.23: LOL.

Auntie Yan: You were a queen on that day, ma'am.

Mamasita: Yes, ma'am. I hear that.

Laptop: I'd put on a helmet first before I do any head banging.

Zabs: You're king every day, sir.

To all the kind folks who came by this way for a visit, thank you very much. You have a nice day now, y'hear?

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home