Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sultan Of Swing

MAYBE THE GOOD SULTAN GUY DID, OR MAYBE THE GOOD SULTAN GUY DIDN'T perform Solat Istikharah when he got a decision to make. As a head of state and the chief of the Islamic affairs that he is, I trust that he did perform the Solat to ask for divine guidance before he said something like this: Yo! Go get that Zambry dude or what's-his-name-is to come see me and let's get on with this swearing in business because I gotta be some place you don't have to know by 5.00 pm.' And that's how it is that I got caught in the jam downtown Kuala Kangsar because I had made a decision to have a look-see look-see of the town and have a bit of something to eat before proceeding nice and easy to Sungai Bakap.
I'm not much of a political guy because the last time I posted a comment in one of those political blogs managed by people who seem to be angry at everything, a lot of people wrote back calling me all sorts of name that got me quite crossed. And so I figured it would be in my best interest to leave those people alone because they've got blood in their eyes that may make me want to start something with them for fun like a punch up because I would love to have a bit of a punch up with one of these vermin because hey, they started it. But you know how it is, people can be very nasty in the net but pretty nice outside, or the other way round.
A lot of guys came around to ask me questions that I didn't really wanna answer on account I was annoyed for not being able to enjoy the look-see look-see of the royal town. And it was getting pretty difficult to find a makan shop with all these people going about shouting at the top of their lungs that got them rather hoarse in the throat. I drove about in a Japanese car feeling vulnerable since I made it a point on this trip, not to carry any object that I could use as a weapon just in case a guy got too excited about seeing a guy like me who didn't seem all that excited to shout at the top of my lungs that could get me rather hoarse in the throat. And so I put up a smile here and there. I know the smile was out of place because how can you smile as if posing for a photo in a sea of people evidently angry at something that they were ready to kill. And so I put a blank face as if none of this mattered to me all that much, but that didn't help either because how can you have a blank face when everyone around you is agitated and excited with something?
I'm not much of a smart guy but I could see that all this is about PKR and BN getting caught in a game of who's in charge of Perak. I don't wanna know who jumped ship and got on board of another. I don't wanna know who has the majority, or whether state assembly or Sultan has the power to choose anyone he likes to be The Boss of Perak. He could have chosen me and I'd run the state the best I can by making sure that every man and woman jog at least 5km a day, 3 times a week and eat healthy food, swim 20 laps in a 50m pool and all that stuff. But I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I should have taken the North South Highway, but I thought a drive along the trunk road leading to Sungai Bakap was a good thing to feel sentimental about yesterday-once-more.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bijou said...

Lol.. pi mai pi mai Sungai Bakap jugak..

I can picture myself selling air tebu one day in KK should you run the state..

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir, I don't care too much who takes charge of the silver myself, just that it is done professionally and with honesty and integrity.

May God guide the good silver-haired Sultan and grant him wisdom throughout his reign.

Bye. Gotta hit the gym!

11:43 AM  
Blogger ZABS said...

Salam Bergen,
Maybe you are at the right place at the wrong time...or at the wrong place at the right time...or at the right place at the right time....or at the wrong place at the wrong time.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Mr. Bergen..

Me too..I couldnt care less who runs the country coz to me as long as I've plenty of food on the table, fat salary to earn each month, I can drive my old car happily along kolekedah while listening to my fav.song and not to forget to give my best to look pretty along that road coz I know there's always an eligible duda hiding somewhere..hehehe..LOL Thats gud enuff for me. I'd never ask for more..

Have a nice day sir..

Best regards
Cik_kembang

1:07 PM  
Blogger لف توف™ said...

Bijou I know.
cik_kembang sounds familiar.
Bergen, I suppose you know that -- nak pi sungai bakap, you kena masuk jawi dulu--.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Bijou Beads Bouquet: I've never tried it, but a dash of ice-cream soda or a bit of lime dalam air tebu should taste very nice.

Anonymous 11.43am: Gotta hit the gym - I like that. Be sure to hang around the juice bar and be sure you got a pair of nice spandex on. LOL.

Zabs: Lemme me take it slow - LOL.

Cik_Kembang: Are you driving in an open top car? Gotta keep a look out for someone like you along the road you mentioned. LOL.

Laptop: Lucky thing I used to live in Penang to understand what masuk jawi means. LOL.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Kama At-Tarawis said...

bergen, kalau you belum masuk jawi by this time.. haisyyy, susah lah nak cakap..LOL

Tumpang lalu, berg:

Laptop, awat tak singgah dah 'my rumah?" tak lalu mana? kecik ati cage..:(

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..jog at least 5 km, 3 times a week..

Which leads to... hey, why don't you participate the KL City Day 10km Run this Feb 22nd? I just sent my entry form by mail today. The closing date will be on Feb 18th.

Take it as a preparation before you run the state..hehe

5:44 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Kama At-Tarawis: Betul tu, nak pi Sungai Bakap, kena masuk simpang Jawi. He he.

Azudesu: I'm gonna run too. What time do we have to be there, 6 am?

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home