Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Aunt

GRANDMA SAYS if you could have half the size of Aunt's forehead, you'd be as smart as she is but no, all you've got is a tiny forehead which is why you'd never be as clever as she is with money. I say, I'm very good with money, Grandma. Aunt gives me the money, I spend it. That way Aunt can be as smart as she wants to be with money. All I've gotta do is ask some from her. I know she'll say she hasn't got any left in the house but I know she's got plenty. Oh yes, Grandma, I'm a smart kid all right, and I don't need Aunt's forehead. All I need is a bit of stones and pebbles to rain the house with so Aunt can give me the money. Now, that's a smart thing eh, Grandma?
Grandma says; budok ni loyar buruk. Bila besor nok jadi bende dok tahu setarang.*
And Grandma chuckles and chucles that I have to bury my face in her laps. Oh how I miss Grandma and Aunt. And Cousin. The three women who raised me as if I was their own child.

(This kid is full of craps. I wonder if he'll grow up proper).

10 Comments:

Blogger Kama At-Tarawis said...

This is so very sweet it pains my heart to read it.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

With three wise women in your life, I am sure you grew up smart, much smarter than Grandma wondered if you'll ever be, Bergen.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a ladies' man all in all then.. eh? and by the looks of it, a few more in waiting right 'ere..

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how lucky you were? Some people did not even get close to half of the love you had from these three wonderful women.


Mek

2:12 PM  
Blogger Fi-sha said...

Dear En Bergen

If i ever have a child, I want one - just like you.

3:00 PM  
Blogger mamasita said...

I know..
I miss my parents too.Everybody does my dear.
Thank you for making us miss our loved ones yang dah takde.Memang sedih..berair mata kita merindui mereka yang banyak membela kita dulu2.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetness! <3 <3 <3

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

auwwwww....

10:28 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Dear Sir,

I've also lost both of my parents years ago, and my youngest brother a few months ago. I'm now concentrating on my kids and the future. I really pray that you'll get a chance to enjoy your own kids too someday. By the look of things, you're not short of candidates...hehehe, just don't you go soft on 'someone's missus' ?!!! Good luck to you sir, life's too short to keep thinking about the past... au revoir!

10:53 PM  
Blogger dee3 said...

so long as the person is self-reliable, not a nuisance to the public, is not jailed for life.. that means the person turned out fine?

main thing to a person turning out right: responsibility.

my 2, 3, 4, 5 cents on it...

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home