Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Going Back To School.

I'm not much of a thinking kinda guy to be walking around the campus of the International Islamic University of Malaysia looking for the building where one goes in to study a language of one's own choice hoping to be able to, one day, speak, argue, sing and write letters in that language as natural as a bird flying in the winds. I'm not much of a bird kinda guy to be flying among the clouds but I hope to pass with flying colors given my natural tendency to fail at everything I've ever gotten myself into especially in anything that involves reading, attending lectures, quiz, exams and stuff like that. I know this is gonna be an entirely different experience all together from Meat Science but I have to take up something since I am not much of a guy who goes to work anymore and I figure I'd better spend my money on education while there's still some in the bank on account of my tendency to spend money as if I've got me some kind of business that brings in millions a day.
One thing for sure though, there's a lot of pretty women and I figure I'm gonna like this university just fine. I got through the interview and paid all there is to be paid. Quite frankly I'm all excited inside to be going back to school although I'm not as young as I used to; strutting aimlessly about the campus of a university in Sydney with a backpack, tight jeans, Reebok trainer, listening to people like Def Leppard, Motley Crew, Bruce Springsteen, INXS, and Crowded House. I just need to learn something. And this time I'm studying not because I hope to get a job. I just feel like going back to school. Gotta have me nice shirts and jeans. Gotta look like a guy who goes to school. Gotta feel like a guy who goes to school. And so if this blog is slow in up-date you know that I'm studying, or reading, or writing or watching the pretty girls go by. Come to think of it, that's how I met Catherine. Ha ha.

31 Comments:

Blogger ubisetela said...

Selamat Belajar :)

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best!

7:51 AM  
Blogger dee3 said...

if i had the bank account, i would too!

selamat belajar, pak bergen! :) yay!

10:35 AM  
Blogger dee3 said...

oh oh... i still want (and expect to have) my sandwich, ok? :D hehe

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let u know, that I hold u fully responsible for me not doing an iota of work at the office for 3 whole days, due to obsessive reading of past entries... Maan! U are toxic!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abg Bergen,

Ah, how nice. I went there to do my syariah dip. Nice place. Not so cute guy (having said this, I actually married someone who graduated from IIU, arghrrrrr!).

But now IIU would be different because you ll be there. Ahaks!

God speed brother. Good luck

1:26 PM  
Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
You just reminded me of Bata's old advertisement. "First to Bata, then to school".

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bergen,
Mung ni sapa masuk sekoloh semula noh.Pah tu report kad nok sruh sapa saing?
Jadi pelajo cemerlang jangan asyik maing keraam mcam aku dulu.
Jadilah kanak kanak girang ye?

Org Dok Panda Mana

5:43 PM  
Blogger k.d said...

All the best..enjoy being a student again...Don't be too stress

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mior Azhar said...

Have loads of fun. I'm sure you will - what with pretty girls around.

9:57 PM  
Blogger IBU said...

Ahaha... good enough a motivation bro! And, yeah! Kill few birds with one stone la kan? Why not... heheh...

Make sure complete la eh? Separuh jalan kalu, kena jentik! (That must be morphing into my IBU mode.. hehe)

1:26 AM  
Blogger tokasid said...

Salam Bergen:

MasyaALLAH. I really admire you. I don't mind learning but going back to school means having to sit for exams. Now, thats something that I feared most. On and off I dreamt that I'm still in Form 5 or at Med school. The exam will be tomorrow and I haven't finish revising! Normally I will wake up with lots and lots of sweat.

Selamat belajar( dan mula2 ke Bata kemudian ke sekolah) and don't forget the doa: Ya Rabb, zidni ilma.

Score jangang dok score.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Arena said...

All the best.. Jangan tengok awek je.. hehhehe..

1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Salam Bro...Wow! I envy you... I hv been wanting to pursue my PhD...dolu2 plan must get it before I reach 40, now 40 passed by...alahai...

Selamat menempuh alam pembelajaran kembali...one thing for sure, you gonna love it!

Take care ya.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jo Kontan said...

Sir Bergeng.

I'm eagerly waiting.. :-).

(One of your many fans outhere told me, watching girls passing by is as natural as girls looking at handbags and shoes)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

belajar rajin-rajin tau!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I graduated at 40.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed up for classes at the Alliance Francaise this summer. It's been brutal. But at least I have more of a command of the French language now than just the names of wines and garden variety charcuterie. I love school. But after 4 years of college and another 8 of graduate school, my parents say they've had enough and I need to get a real job.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Sayuti said...

sir, its never too late to study. good luck! :)

3:21 AM  
Blogger mad redo1 said...

oohhh... I like the last part as THE reason to go back to school...

jangang mmoteng kelah pulok...

hehehe...

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the best to you mr bergen!

12:44 PM  
Blogger BoxxTomoi said...

Ingat, jalan mesti pandang depan.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Ubisetela: Ayo yo, long time haven't seen you larr. How's things, ma'am?

Podgykat: Thank you, ma'am.

Dee3: Ok. Will keep the right stuff ready to whip up a Dagwoood sandwich.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Tigress: Guilty as charged.

Elviza: I agree. It's a nice campus. I hope to do well this time. LOL.

Fauziah: First to Adidas, and then to UIAM. LOL.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anonymous 5:43pm: Repot kad saing sediri. Masa sekoloh dulu pong wak ggitu gok. he he.

K.D: I'm stressed out that I've spent quite a bit on clothes, and a new iMac.

Mior Azhar: Yup, got me 7 pairs of shades. One for each day. LOL.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Ibu: No, ma'am. I finish off what I've started. But just in case I do, I'll beat myself silly. LOL.

Tokasid: Thank you, doc. I kinda like the idea of pursuing something academic since I'm not much of the scholarly kind. I hope I'd do okay.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Arena: Can't help it, ma'am. Everyone of 'em is pretty. LOL.

Raden Galoh: Yup, I think I'm gonna love it. Thank you, ma'am.

Jokontan: I hope I won't be too distracted by the sight of pretty girls go by in colorful dresses. LOL.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Nur: Yes, ma'am. I will give it me best shot.

Nak Tak Nak: I hope to graduate too. Or I could opt to become professional student. LOL.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Smithie: I don't plan on spending that much time in school. LOL.

Sayuti: Yes, I agree with that. Never too late. UPM has a program too, it came out in the papers.

Mat Redo: No, sir. I can'f afford to mmoteng. Gotta have my money worth. LOL

11:11 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Kamal: Thank you, sir. And thank you for visiting.

Boxxtomoi: Will keep that 'jalan mesti pandang depan' adage. I've just realised, I've been walking sideways. Hmmm. LOL.

To everyone who came in for a visit and posting all these encouragements to get me going, thank you very much.

You be sure to have a nice day now, y'hear?

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

i've missed so much! All the best!

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home