Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Good To See You, Ma'am.


Rules are meant to be broken, and today I broke it down to pieces that I am finding it hard to put all the pieces back together again to re-construct the very rules that I never imagined I would take so lightly as I did today. Rules are rules so what if they are broken to a million pieces? Just create another one, or two. Or twenty for the fun of it. And then break it one by one the way you shoot a line of cans with a fun-fair gun.

You may remember that long time ago I wrote an entry about how you should stay safe on or off the street, in or out of your workplace, or kitchen. I warned you about meeting strangers in places hidden from public view, and the stern reminder I wrote about never never ever ever get into a car with a stranger alone.

I met a total stranger today. Well not exactly a stranger because we've 'met' often in here in the blogging world. And we aren't exactly strangers in the true sense of the word, neither are we friends in the real sense either, because we only know each other through things we write about in the entries. So it is quite difficult to define this in a conventional terms of meeting someone in real life, in three dimensional world, in full color, non-digital format.

Maybe I shouldn't be bothered with the technical side of the experience, afterall the meeting was between two humans, not machines with wires and bulbs going about as if it's christmas.

It was nice. Lovely. I enjoyed it tremendously. Too bad it was such a short meeting, but long enough to finish off a regular pizza, and half bottle of Coke that almost got me drunk with carbonated bubbles. I hope my friends enjoyed it too. I hope they had a good time with me, and not felt intimidated by the way I acted which can be a bit loud. Sorry if I did, it's the behavior I picked up from those Americans out of Texas, working with them for so long on rigs all over the world.

I wish you a pleasant stay in the city. Stay safe.

Thank you for willing to meet up with me. It means something to me, it really does.

10 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

I have met many blog friends in person. The thought of it was scary at first. Full of pre-meeting "what-ifs". But so far, I've met really awesome, lovely friends for keeps. I hope they feel the same way.

Glad you had a good time with yr friend. May u havemany more meets like this!

6:59 PM  
Blogger MA said...

Aha !

I know what you did last lunchtime ;-)

Glad to hear you guys had a great time.

7:00 PM  
Blogger dith said...

*drroza scratches her head thinking hard, who those ma'ams are*

:)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anedra: I believe everyone in here is nice people you want to have as friends. There is some good that we can get out of this net thing in the form of friendship which otherwise may be quite hard to do with snail mail. Or something like smoke signal.

MA: Good times with friends are what sweet memories are all about.

Beta & Max: Nice combination, fellas. You come around here more often, y'hear? Take it easy.

Dr Roza: You know 'em very well.

9:17 PM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

...:-)...:-)....like Mak Andeh, I know what you did at lunch yesterday!!...:-)

p/s: the first time I met blogger friends..I was very nervous...did'nt know what to expect...butterflies in my stomach...!!But it ended beautifully...and we became close friends now...:-)

8:26 AM  
Blogger mommy@lif said...

i haven't physically met any bloggers but i enjoy the virtual 'friendship' nonetheless.

glad you had a good time. :)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Since I don't know how to activate anonymous comment to my blog, I took the liberty to cut and past the comment posted via email by the person in question so can read it here and say, ooh, what a good guy this Bergen is and maybe I should just marry him and run away to some island so we can live happily ever after. Perasan? You bet I am.

The comment reads like this: (word for word)

This is the other side of the story from the one you have broken your promise for :-).
I was apprehensive at first when you actually "invited" me for the pizza. I had to confirm it by comments and e-mails. You sounded nice when we spoke. We laughed a lot together even before we met. It felt good and like we have known each other. I did place a mental picture of how you would look like so I did not have any negative impression.
It was quite a suprise that we hit on well on a first meeting.
Who said you were loud?, I thought the 3 of us laugh so loud that we may be chased out of the parlour hehehe. We enjoyed the lunch tremendously too. Thanks for breaking the rules for me and thanks for making me the firat blogger who wanted to meet.
So to all the ladies out there, Don't be jealous OK :-), :-). Bergen is a good guy, full of fun!!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Noni: Must have been an important meeting there.

AuntieYan: Same here, ma'am. Kinda like the idea now although I'm not sure if I should be doing this on regular basis. Oh well, see how it goes.

Alif's Mommy: I wouldn't recommend this actually, because anything can happen and anyone can be anybody in here.

10:11 AM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

Wahhh...ni yang jealous nih....;-). Haha. Sounds you guys hit it off and had a great time. Glad to hear!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Lifebloom: Thank you, ma'am.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home