Thursday, March 30, 2006

Let's Do This.


Next time I see this woman of my dream I'm gonna walk up to her straight up and break into a song, Kuch Kuch Hotai Hey, or Grease Lightnin'. I am gonna do the dance, the swirl and the twirl spinning like a top so fast the world around me will flash in a blur until I got really dizzy with lovin', jump on the gondola to sing a few lines of the song from this vantage position, and then roll down to land on the trolley pushed from behind by three chorus girls in the supermarket uniform, their hair all done up in the 50s style complete with cats' eye glasses. They've got pastel color skirts with matching shoes and bright nail polish, fiery red lipsticks on.

The whole of Tesco wil turn into an elaborate stage performance with downlights flooding the entire floor area into a luminous riot of colors, making me look no better than someone who has survived an accidental dip into a vat of paint, the kind you use to add life to an otherwise mono-color lollipop. Or a clown suit.

Half way into a song, I go over to this woman of my dream to take her hand. She will refuse at first, playing hard to get. I look into her big brown eyes. Her eyelashes flickering like SOS blinkers of a ship going down in a storm. I roll on the floor like Dewey of Malcom In The Middle. She walks slowly towards the main door. I get up to stretch my arm as far as it can go. She stops midway. Turns to look at me and comes running into my arms.

I gotta do this or else I'm going crazy.

15 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

encik, saya nak volunteer jadi penyanyi (dan penari) latar belakang. ada boley ka?

2:59 PM  
Blogger MG said...

She would be desperate for a little fun factor in her life. imagine, going to the supermarket and suddenly dearest hubby starts to break into a song and dance..

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooohoooo!!
bolly scene complete with guling2
guess i'll be staking out the place for this.
LOL!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

okay, okay..I can get the Pink Ladies in tow! You go Zucko!

3:19 PM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

Bila nak buat ni? Date and Time please...!

3:19 PM  
Blogger an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

i think i should start going to tesco there. mana la tau, one lucky day, a bloke appears in front of me and breaks into a song of undying love ...

3:32 PM  
Blogger t o r t s said...

rememeber to siap 6-7 pasang baju .. to change at each scene.

happening la you..

3:43 PM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

Bergen, makcik prefer lagu Grease!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger demonsinme said...

Master Bergen,

This remiinds me of NIKE tag line -
"JUST DO IT!"

4:19 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

Berg, I promise to be as quiet as a mouse, just tell me when and I will be there...Gawd I gotta watch this..please please please! And I will be deeply indebted to you because this is gonna make me feel 16 again :)

Oh boy! And I promise to cheer penari/penyani latar belakang with quiet gusto ummmmmm if possible!

6:26 PM  
Blogger mommy@lif said...

i do my weekly groceries day @ tesco mutiara d'sara on saturdays. should you need any help, just bgtau ok?

9:42 AM  
Blogger ubisetela said...

Sir Bergen,
if you really wanna do this perhaps you should inform us readers when it's gonna happen.. ramai volunteer nak jadi backup dancers :D

10:03 AM  
Blogger ROYAL JESTER said...

la...tak execute lagi?
Kita tak sabaq nak tau ending to this drama.
Byk twist la this TESCO LOVE.
EXCITING!!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anedra: Just fill in the borang, ma'am. There's no screen-test required. It's the opportunity for hidden talent to be discovered, and polished to superstar quality.

MakcikGemok: I ain't her hubby yet, ma'am. Soon.

Hemu2: Yup, guling-guling and jeling-jeling.

MamaRock: Yes, ma'am.

Lifebloom: Working on logistics details, ma'am.

Xaviera: You're right, ma'am.

Nobee: I worked that art to a science, sir. LOL.

Torts: I'm thinking of at least 16 costume change, ma'am. LOL.

AuntieYan: Me too, ma'am. Grease is the word.

DIM: Yup, let's just do it.

Thinktankgal: You will do Janis Joplin style, ma'am? Wow.

Ailin: Good to have you reminding me with this very very important detail, ma'am. Will check that out first thing before breaking into the song and dance routine.

Maya: 16 is a lovely age to be fallin' in love. I agree.

Alif's Mommy: Will do ma'am. Don't worry about it.

Ubisetela: Problem is, she may appear unannounced. Will figure it out.

Pu1Pu3: Good stuff usually come in twists and turns, ma'am. (Really aa?)

To everyone who came in, thank you very much.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Gukita said...

Banyak tengok filem Hindi ke??

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home