Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tesco Kinda Love

Aunt Su called around three in the afternoon to ask how I was getting along being all alone in the apartment. I said I am doing alright. No, I am not getting married next week. If I was I definitely need to go to Tesco first.

Awat kat Tesco depa ada juai bini ka?
LOL.

No, they don't, Aunt Su.

Habih tu yang hang kena pi Tesco nak caghi bini apsai?

How am I going to explain this to her? People that age won't be able to understand why I keep making trips after trips to Tesco, sometimes as many as four times a day for every little thing I may or may not need, hoping, really really hoping, that I'd bump into my Elizabeth Taylor. There's no turning back this time. I am all prepared to lose everything I got, my dignity, pride or whatever still left in me. I just need to walk up to her and ask if she'd marry me. Just between you and me, I even bought the ring just in case she may think I am out playing pranks for some reality TV show.

As a matter of fact I am seriously considering purchasing a spot, about 10ft x 10ft space at Tesco so I can move in there with my camping gear, to wait for this lady to appear. I know it's a bad idea because TV3 is just right across. Who knows, one of them nosy reporters might decide to run a story on me on national TV. It's too much of an embarassment. I've got nothing much left but I still got this 'malu' thing in me to risk something like that. But the whole idea is quite tempting though. Anything as long I get to her, to express my one and only desire at the moment and that is, to be married to her. Only her. Anything, as long as in the end, I get to ride into the sunset with this lady whom I have only met once but her images has stayed on my mind, my heart, my ears, and my head for weeks on end. This can't go on, I need to do something about it. As far as I'm concerned there are only two ways this can go. Forget about her. Or try to look for her and say what I've got to say once and for all. Who cares what may happen after that. It's something a man gotta do for a woman he has began to love.

I know this is too fast, I mean from a chance encounter moving straight to love. But that's how it is with love at first sight. You see something you like and that's about it. It was like that when I first saw the movie poster with Elizabeth Taylor on it. Didn't even realise Richard Burton was right next to her. All I saw was Elizabeth Taylor and that was it. That experience was enough as a motivation in itself to make me look for someone like her from one end of the world to the other. I have been to a lot of places and whaddaya know, she's right here. At a place called Tesco. Whoever this guy is, I mean this Tesco guy, I love him. I hope one day he will move into our neighbourhood so I can shake his hand. This is of course if, only if this whole thing ends in me saying something like, aku terima nikahnya dengan maskawin ..., and people around me say 'sah' 'sah' 'sah' so that I can say to them, now will you please get out of here because me and my missus are busy right now. See you folks tomorrow, I'll buy you each a month of groceries at Tesco but right, that's the front door. Thank you for coming.

That's why I'm calling this whole thing, Tesco Kinda Love. It's even better than Phil Collins' Groovy Kinda Love. Of course I don't know which way this is going to go.

Until I meet her again. I'm putting on me Night Vision Goggles. And I've got me a scanner that can automatically detect a red proton with the licence plate WLY ....

Excuse me, I'm going hunting for the love of my life.

12 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

haha! u'r so funny! That's just the right thing to do (no, perhaps not the camp out at Tesco) but this "DO NOT GIvE UP" attitude! Well done! Will be cheering for you from the sidelines!

If u need help, give us a holler! I'm sure there rest of the gals will be willing to help! We'll call it "Mencari Cinta" for Bergen!

Good luck!

BTW, Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collin never fails to make me melt at the knees!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

Awwww Bergen.... I am right there with Anedra. I am feeling so deliciously romantic ..and all on your account. This better work out B, or my heart will be broken - same as yours. And Aunt Su KNOWS it's happening, thats why she asked that Q...LOL

Giddyuppp cowboy, go get her!

2:45 PM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

No wonder you like to go to Tesco so much....I was going to suggest you go to Giant. Cold Storage. Jusco.

Tapi rupa2xnya the object of your affliction shops there. Wah susah jugak ni - like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack....

Dari camp kat dalam Teso - might as well you apply kerja kat Tesco - can look for her and earn money as well....betul kan?? Staff discount pun dapat!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Justiffa said...

haaaa cupid got u real good this time huh lol good luck bergen :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger mommy@lif said...

go bergen go go go!
*baru la semangat baca citer en bergen.. sbb dah tak mandom!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anedra: No, ma'am. I don't give up on things especially when it's a struggle, or a fight. All I've gotta do is turn every little problem into a struggle and I'll be on my feet ready to give it a go, working hard not to go down for anything.

Aliraja: It's not about choice, sir. It's about being at the right place at the right time because this person does her grocery shopping here, right where the action is, Tesco. LOL.

Noni: Wish I can make an exception for this, ma'am. But one letter out cannot larr. It has to be WLY ....

Maya: Yes, ma'am. I'm on it and won't be back to town without her.

Lifebloom: Hmmm, a job prospect at Tesco is a great idea. I always like supermarket uniform anyway, like Malcom In The Middle.

RedKebaya: Yes, the cupid got me good this time, ma'am. And there's no getting away from it, at least for now, that is.

Ailin: Will do, ma'am. Especially now that you are fit with all those aerobic workouts eh?

Alif's Mommy: Thank you, ma'am. I can get over sadness pretty quick because there's so much joy to look forward to. What does mandom mean, ma'am? Is that the same as mandrum?

4:22 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Question.

Do you have a plan yet? What will you do when you see her?

-makcik menyibuk anedra-

4:39 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Anedra: Adaaaaa, in fact I have reserved an entry for it. Tentatively the entry is entitled: This Has Got To Work.

Will post it once I got the clearance from Ministry of Defence.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Oooo!!! Stakeout!!! For lurve!!!! Wonderful, wonderful!!!

Hey Berg-man, since you're not working now kan, why not take up a part time job? At Tesco???? Better chances of finding her that way!!

This is SO exciting!!!

I'm all willing to help as well, especially since Tesco's my haunt too (I go almost everyday)!! If you want, you could email me the red Proton's no. plate, and ur email/hp no. or something, and if I sight her (or her car) I can holler u right away so that you can zoom down from the lofty towers of your condo and zip over to Tesco, and give her that ring!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

Berg, tumpang sikit, eh?

Anedra, betul betul sibuk! Since you are kinda free now, how abt we camp on behalf of B...
Oh mannnnnnnnnn I can't wait for the results.

Mindef...ooooo this must be BIG fireworks kind, eh? Lagi hebat.

On a more serious note, perhaps you shd take up Blab's offer. She does have a legal brain which is really quite different from a serial blog- writer's one, esp one that is very much in love and filled with pheromones to the brim. You need all the help Berg...good luck :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger MA said...

Bergen :

I can trace the plate number for you to get the to the bottom of this. If God permits - maybe her phone number and marital status juga. (Unless it's a kereta pinjam lah)

*pakar CSI*

7:34 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

There you go!! Told ya us gals are willing to help! Maya, I KNOW you are good at campaigns.. :) u should be campaign manager. Blabs, now Bergen..you cannot turn down Blabs' offer. She's like the Malaysian nancy Drew! And as for Mak Andeh's offer..u'd be crazy to say no to that!

Go Bergen Go!

-makcik Anedra menyibuk lagi!-

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home