Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bergen Oh Bergen

Bergen oh Bergen
what was the bravest thing you've ever done for Islam?

I haven't done anything brave that I should be proud of
I haven't done a thing that I can use as a boarding-pass to heaven
I haven't done anything except

keeping my silence when I should be speaking
walking away instead of putting up a fight
turning the other way when I should look at them in the eye.
I haven't done anything brave that I can be proud of.

Bergen oh Bergen
are you a coward?

Maybe I am.
Perhaps I am.
I'm sure I am.

I'm not used to being beaten for standing up for my rights.
I'm not used to being brave for Islam.
I am so used to being a coward
for Islam.

2 Comments:

Blogger AuntyN said...

Guilty as you are.

But, Jihad is not only by fighting right? If we try to improve ourselves, so that others can see that Islam is a good religion, then I think we have already put up a good "fight".

1:58 PM  
Blogger LifeBloom said...

Ditto for me...sigh. But what we can do is pray and doa and zikir that our ummah will be stronger to withstand dugaan from the Al-Mighty and godaan syaitan.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home