Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Feel So Good.

Sungai Bakap (old town) - main street.

We're walking down your one-street town laughing and giggling and feeling good on a hot afternoon when the sun must be a great ball of fire to everyone but us. No I don't feel nothing because the sun is just fine by me looking nice and pretty like orange sorbet; cool and easy and very nice. I know this is very nice for sure because when you are with me every thing's cool and easy and excellent; and I'm feeling like how a guy should feel walking down a one-street town with you looking oh-so-pretty-and-beautiful that got me thinking I must have died and went to heaven because I've promised myself, if I made it to heaven all I want is someone just like you. I've got you right here with me walking down your one-street town and as long as I am with you this is heaven enough for me.

You ask how do I like this side of town compared with the other side that's new and modern? I said how do I answer a question like that when I'm too busy imagining you in your school uniform walking down this side of town on a hot afternoon with your friends from the Methodist of Nibong Tebal. Why would you imagine me like that? Because don't you find it amazing that at that moment it never crossed your mind that one day you'd be walking down this street with me? You said; yes it never crossed my mind. There you go, I said, not knowing exactly what I meant by that but that doesn't really matter because I'm feeling so good that I don't feel the heat of the midday sun because the sun is the orange sorbet that got me feeling cool and nice and easy.

You must know by now that every thing's nice and cool and easy when I'm with you which is why I am not thinking about tomorrow when I've gotta to take a ride back to the city feeling pretty sad inside because it'll be a week before I see you again. You said we've gotta do what we've gotta do for now; until you can convince your mom to come live with us in the city. I said you do that because in the city where I live it is a town with a lot of streets, not like your little town here. You laugh so hard that got me feeling so good that I could have died and went to heaven. Yes, next week I won't be riding the bike. Yes, next week I'll drive the pick up truck. Yes, ma'am. I'm listening. Yes, ma'am, I won't bawak laju-laju.

Until next week.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until next week... i'll be reading your entry with the wind of the Celebes Sea blows to my face.. and u make me fee so good after reading the 'Somebody fine will come along' for the 3rd time..

U take care..

10:44 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

You take care out there, y'hear? Have you learnt to handle the boat?

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes i have, just bought a new Yamaha 40HP engine, but i prefer the 15HP.. suit for me..

10:49 PM  
Blogger Adliff said...

Pak Bergen,

To see heaven in wild flower,
and the world in a grain of sand....

Treasure the moment forever Pak, because we never know what comes next.

All the best.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

A big jump there from 15 to 45. Yes?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Aliff Miuhammad: You are so right, sir.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meronta-ronta!

-snn-

12:38 AM  
Blogger Saya... said...

next week just grab her, put her on your bike and ride back to the city and marry her ;) or ride up north to golok...just get it over with man! hahaha...

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really.. a big jump would be from 15 to 400.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Fi-sha said...

*Smiling from ear to ear with tears flowing down her cheeks*

9:46 PM  
Anonymous mm said...

surely you can bring the whole household of sg bakap in your pick up truck back to the city next, no?

gday to all..

7:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Salam Bergen,
Nice picture... brings back nostalgia of my home town, Pulai Chondong in the good ol days... btw I'm waiting for the kad jemputan kawin soon... hehehe. Take care...

5:11 PM  
Blogger White Melur said...

Salam. Hopped from Ailin's. What a sweet nostalgia. Think I'll be popping by often:)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Nazlina said...

Always love a good story.. finding a romantic dude like you is like searching a needle in a haystack *swoon*

I used to live at Sg Bakap when I was a pre-schooler,my dad was a teacher at the primary school there. We actually lived in one of those shop houses you posted here.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Nin said...

Wow! Can make the sun feels like orange sorbet... must be ultra special one!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been more than 2 weeks sir.. and i'm getting tanned here.. pls write more.. i need a good read after spending time with manta ray all day in the Celebes Sea..By the way, we had a very strong wind from the south this morning.. double strong from last week..

11:16 AM  
Blogger f said...

Salaam Sir,

I hope you're doing fine. I miss your writings. I just finished re-reading your entry 'How much for the Heaven'. It is still my favourite entry of yours :) I even shared it on my Facebook during my first time reading it (without your permission, but I put a link to your blog. erm).

Take care, Sir. :)

/f

8:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

salam mr.b.
seronok baca cerita mr.b ni.rasanya sedih pun ada,sebak pun ada,sayu pun ada,tgh2 ada lucu...maklumlah kita lalui hidup spt apa yg tercatat..xpi kita pasrah sbb kita milik Allah.jdi kita hiburkan hati dgn nukilan mr.b. ok,jgn pandu laju2.

2:35 PM  
Blogger The Immigrant Mom said...

[thumbs up!! :)]

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home