Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Windy Evening In The Market Square.

Of course it would be very nice if she could be there waiting at the gate with a smile that could lift you up a hundred feet above the crowd of passengers that have just gotten off the plane and now scrambling for the luggage on the carousel as if there's a grand prize for being the first to get a hand on a suitcase that belongs to you. It's the odd that would never come up in a million years but there's nothing wrong in being a hopeless romantic when you are alone in a country like this. Or to wish with everything I hold sacred for the girl I used to know long time ago to appear behind the arrival lounge of an airport to welcome me in Persian; the language I will never acquire, not in a million years because Persian doesn't sound the same spoken by anyone else, and as far as I'm concerned Tehran is not Tehran until I meet Baitool.

And here I am all alone still hoping for that chance that I'd meet her walking down the street on her way to a perfume shop in her chador, looking as captivating as a Persian girl should be on the last day of Ramadan 1428. It's crazy to harbor such hope but miracle does happen and I'm hoping for a slice of miracle to happen to me right here in the busiest corner of a market square, at this very minute.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fauziah Ismail said...

Salam Bergen
Reading your posts make me a hopeless romantic or maybe I am already? *sigh*

2:29 PM  
Blogger cakapaje said...

Salam bro,

This is getting more interesting by the day...this must be the girl in your blog's welcome note.

6:49 PM  
Blogger tokasid said...

Bergen ,Sir:

I'm bitting my nails. Another cliffhanger.....

10:23 PM  
Blogger ZABS said...

Salam Bergen,
Hope this episode will have a happy ending.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Mior Azhar said...

Bro:
Now this is very original. and like fauziah said, very romantic too.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Bergen said...

Fauziah Ismail: We all are in one way or another.

Cakapaje: No, sir. This isn't she. The one in the welcome note is in Manama, Bahrain.

Tokasid: LOL, you wanna be careful with those nails, doc.

Zabs: It ended long time ago. This is just walk down the memory lane in another time, in a different era.

Mior Azhar: Thank you, sir.

To everyone who dropped by this way, you folks stay safe and have a good one.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home